Saturday, March 13, 2010

Feb and Mar Update

Since I last posted, Dave and I finished the floor in the grandparents/aunts & uncles/visitors room :) The first picture is after a long day of putting in the floor - yes I did help.. not as much as before though! Dave did all of the baseboards and quarter round and door mouldings all by himself after we took this picture.

My camera says the Pic is from Jan 23. The Friday night before this picture was taken was the first time I was certain that was the BABY kicking me (and not the mexican food). He kicked me so hard Dave could even feel it. Then he kicked my hip bone... ah... a sign of things to come.

This week I also started craving Corn flakes... I don't think I've had just cornflakes for years! Luckily we had some from making my oven fried chicken.

Then February was taken over by the STS-130 flight. The second picture was taken in Mission Control (with my phone). The first two days I worked 9 pm - 6am ish. It was hard. The rest of the flight I worked 3 pm - 1 am, which wasn't easy but was MUCH better than the first days!


At the end of the shuttle flight, I had one day off and it was the first time i noticed i couldn't see my feet anymore! Oh well... Socks suddenly got harder to put on too.

During the mission I started eating Pineapple for snacks -YUM! I also learned that Sonic Happy Hour was while i was driving to work, and picked up a few Route 44 Diet Limeades on my way to work :) I owe a certain Flight Surgeon who brought the worlds best Cinnamon Rolls to work on her day off... (and she spent 6 hours making them!!!) of course, I will never be satisfied with a Cinnabon again!

The other thing I learned during the flight was not to sit too close to my console desk. Somebody apparently does not like that and made it very well known with a few choice kicks to internal organs.

Dave and I took a vacation last week - we went to San Antonio for 4 days. This is from the first Day - we went up to Guadalupe State Park (Thanks to someone who got us the Park Pass For Christmas!!!) After the shuttle flight, all I wanted to do was sit by a pool and read. This first day I sat by a river and read. Dave hiked around, part of the time looking for some kayakers - but he never did see them. The next day I did sit by the pool at the hotel while Dave floated on their "rambling river" or soaked in the heated tub/pool.

Luckily I've started getting some of my energy back. I've been working on several quilts and some other little projects. Including some for expecting (or were when I started them) friends and family.

On my one day off during the middle of the shuttle flight Dave and I went to 'order' the crib and chair for the nursery, and purchase the changer. But when we got there they had it in stock! Of course, both wouldn't fit in the pruis! But two trips later - we now have crib and chair set up (funny pictures to come on that!) After the shuttle landed Steph helped us pick up the changer! We got the bare wood changer, and Dave applied a whitewash and topcoat. We ordered some new knobs and it looks awesome. We'll post some pictures as soon as I get everything set up!

Some one at work asked me this week what the baby moving feels like. I told them it's kind of like if you went to a pet store and bought a fish, but the pet store wasn't PETA approved, and they didn't put enough water in the bag. As you hold the bag, you can feel the bag ripple against your hands every time the fish moves. Except, that the Baby Punches and Kicks... and I am the bag. I'll add that a fish in not enough water probably came from a state fair :) For those of you who have never seen a fish at a state fair - you can normally win one at the booth where you throw ping pong balls at tiny fish bowls and try to get one in.

For my final word today I'll post this public service announcement: Never ask a pregnant woman if "she's got twins in there." It's not cute or funny. Just be nice, smile and congratulate her (or him in my dreams :)!

1 comment:

  1. You look GREAT! (Also very jealous - all in the tummy and your wedding ring still fits!) If we all couldn't be that lucky. :-) Thank you for the updated pics!

    ReplyDelete