Happy Easter!
I thought I would post some pictures of the nursery - since we have most of it together. I spent some of Saturday and Sunday sewing projects - for example the moon, star, and cloud hangings in the first picture. For you sewing ladies - the clouds are made of blue and white paisley minky, the stars from a white fairy frost, and the moon from a turquoise mirror ball. In order to figure out where to put the changer and how high to put the shapes, we had to go pick up the hamper (between the changer and the door), and the vinyl changing pad. Yes, Babies R Us is open on Easter Sunday (and pretty busy actually).... the wal-mart next to it was REALLY BUSY though.
I also made some cloth diaper wipes (they are in the center of the organizer :). I had ordered online a couple different fabrics (flannel, cotton velour and umm... sherpa terry I think) to make them, but hadn't had time until yesterday. I also started a boppy cover (with the cotton velour and some snoopy flannel), and worked on an cloth ABC book.
Here is the crib side of the room. The cats love hiding under the crib... I've locked Sirius in the room twice because he was under there.
Dave and I also spent several hours cleaning out the kitchen cabinets to find a home for all those baby bottles and things :) In order to do that, Dave had to retrofit one of our drawers with new sliders. It was under the bar stool area where the counter has quite an overhang. Prior to the retrofit, the drawer only came out 2 inches past the countertop (ie it was completely useless). With the new sliders, it now comes out 10.5 inches! After we recycled 500 dog walk bags, and donated/trashed whatever we hadn't touched in the last year, we were able to move everything we wanted to keep to the drawer.
I was starting to get a little worried about all the projects piling up, so I've very glad to have so many crossed off this weekend! Don't get me wrong - there is still a LOT to do! but we made good headway.
I've been reading a lot of baby books. My favorite is "Heading Home with your Newborn". The Happiest Baby on the Block, Baby 411, and Free-Range Kids were also very good. However, I loathe 'what to expect in the first year.' I have two other American Academy of Pediatrics books, and two sleep guru books left to read.
It was a rough week for me - Friday was about the first day I started to feel better. Thursday I went to the doctor, and they gave me a nasal steroid spray. I'm still coughing, but this weekend I feel MUCH better. I'm also starting to get to that lovely part of pregnancy where my back hurts.
Also - it was a stressful week at work. Monday I went home sick at noon. However, Tuesday we had a maintenance activity on the ISS treadmill so I had to be at work at 4:30 am. Unfortunately, during the maintenance a small, but necessary, piece of hardware was lost. So I spent Tuesday and Wednesday creating various procedures to create a temporary replacement. We were down to the wire on Thursday finishing the procedure, but we got it turned in and Friday morning (5:45 am) one of the ISS Crewmembers performed the procedure - and the crew is now allowed to use the treadmill again! Unfortunately our next round of maintenance moved up to April 19-23, so this week is going to be very busy getting ready for that maintenance - and with the STS-131 flight.
I am working STS-131 - I will start next weekend, and Linda will take over for me the following weekend so I can go to my shower!! Yay! I'm so excited to see all of you!
On a side note, Dave and I watched the Blind Side last night and LOVED it. If you haven't seen it, go rent it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment