Sunday, June 13, 2010

June 13th post

Today is my first post from the new computer! The pictures were taken when we played with the new camcorder (in camera mode) so it was firsts all around :)

I've been feeling like i don't get anything accomplished in a weekend, so i decided to set my expectations really low over Memorial day weekend. And i got everything done the first day! made me feel much better!!! My goals were to get the giraffe growth chart done, the blocks and install the car seats (and apparently cook some burgers :)

The first two photos show the blocks (and Dakota just couldn't be left out!) two of the blocks are stuffed with memory foam chunks, the other 3 low density foam (thanks Kathy!) two of them have jingle bells and 1 has krinkly stuff :) The goal was to get Colin on one side, then I just did AB123 on the other side.



The top and bottom have various colors and textures of minky and the other two sides have really cute fabrics from the 'Love U' line (Owls, snails, turtles, trees, etc) They went together pretty easy, so I made two more this weekend, one with D and Y, and one with E and 4 - combined with the
original blocks he'll be able to spell Dane, and Conly too.


Here is the giraffe growth chart. I had most of him done, he just needed eyes and binding. I tried a new technique with the binding - using fusible thread. It was... um... interesting. the thread was very big and loose and kept fuzzing up then breaking. but I didn't have to hand sew the binding down.



My Dr says Colin is about 7lbs now. She's guessing he'll be 8-9 lbs depending on when he comes. oh, yay. If I haven't gone into labor by my official due date (June 23rd) she'll do another ultrasound to get a good weight. She likes to go 10 days past the due date before inducing - which after my appointment I realized is not only a Saturday but on the July 4th weekend. I'll be checking with her this week if the hospital will even induce that weekend. I don't feel comfortable waiting until after the weekend, so we'll see have to what the options are.

I've also been having Braxton-Hicks contractions since memorial day (having one right now actually). Let's just say Colin is not a fan.... but as Dave said "If my house was squeezing me, i'd probably kick it too!". The rest of the time he's more of a stretcher and roller.... we've been trying to get video of him rolling across my stomach, but unfortunately the camera just doesn't pick it up well.


Here is another pic from Memorial day weekend. Just me and the piled up blocks.
I've very excited about the jogging stroller we ordered last weekend. It's the only jogging stroller under $3-400 that will fit into a sedan trunk. I was able to get a really good deal through Babies R Us, use a coupon, and use my gift card from my coworkers!!!! I'd post a picture, but it's still sitting in the box in our entry way!
Well, it's coming to the end :) Maybe my next post will actually be pictures of Colin (and I don't mean ultrasound pics!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment