Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 23rd update

This weekend was my birthday! I had to take some comp time, so I took it last this week for a 'mini vacation.' The first couple days, Dave and I stayed home and worked on some projects. I stopped procrastinating and made the sunshade on the infant seat, made a taggie blanket, finished quilting a baby quilt for Colin, and started working on some blocks (the 6 sided kind not the quilt kind :) Dave's been working on a custom toybox/bookcase for Colin, and he's almost done!
Since it was vacation, I decided we had to do something fun! So we went to see the movie Date Night (very funny) , and finally we went to a hotel in the Galleria for 2 nights :) We had a great time!
The first picture on the left is what was left of my lunch on the 21st. We went to a restaurant called Kenny and Ziggys Delicatessen. It was recently featured on 'Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives' and the portions were HUGE! what you see is Half of my BLT. the biggest BLT I've ever seen in my life! The onion rings were great too.
For Dinner we went to 'Yia Yia Mary's' for tiropita, dolmades, spanikopita and gyros (lamb, yum!) and then went back to Kenny and Ziggys for a piece of Victory Cake (the largest chocolate cake I've ever seen with white chocolate mousse between the layers).

Too bad my stomach (my actual stomach, not the baby bump!) is about 1/3 the size it used to be! we had so many leftovers we couldn't even fit them all in the hotel mini-bar!
Since my last post, my OB sent me to a GI. I've been having more acid reflux issues, and she wanted me to consult the GI first. The GI explained that condition is probably related to the relaxin relaxing my upper stomach, and the condition will most likely correct itself after Colin is born. And, they wouldn't do any operations on a pregnant woman, so there is no need to do any diagnostic tests until I'm not pregnant. So for now the GI upped my dose to 2 nexium per day. Now as Dave says, I don't sound like a "pregnant man." (ie miserable and burping all night)
Colin has turned into quite the stretcher/roller. Dave can't believe how much my stomach moves when he gets going! We're going to try to get some video this week.
The red shirt picture was taken on the 12th, and the white shirt on the 19th.
I have one last note - Happy Birthday Amy!

No comments:

Post a Comment